Effective as of: July 26, 2019
Quirkeley is the producer of the War of the Worlds: Invasion app. The app is an adventure game that uses BoseAR technology delivered on BoseAR wearable devices connected to your smartphone.
If you have any questions or comments on this policy, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 2081 Center Street, Berkeley Ca. 94704
How to opt out
You can stop all collection of information by our Augmented Reality Applications by uninstalling our Augmented Reality Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes available as part of your mobile device.
What data do we collect?
The “War of the Worlds: Invasion” Application is built using the Unity game engine and the BoseAR SDK. Unique device indentifiers and harware statistics by the Unity game engine may be enabled.
How We Use Your Information
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
Bose will share your information in the following ways:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share information we collect within the Bose family of companies (e.g, Bose’s manufacturing, distribution, and product development companies) to deliver products and services to you, ensure a consistent level of service across our products and Services, and enhance our products, services, and your customer experience.
- Service Providers. We provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, product content and features (e.g., voice activation/recognition services), advertising, analytics, research, customer service, shipping and fulfillment, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. Such parties currently include crash and bug analytics providers like Crashlytics, and service providers like Segment that enable us to connect your Bose products to your device and provide us with analytics for internal purposes.
- Music Streaming Services and Other Third-Party Apps. When you initiate a connection with a third-party streaming service through the Services, we will share information about you that is required to enable delivery of the third-party content (e.g. your streaming service log-in credentials). Similarly, if you use a third-party app that works in connection with your Bose product, you acknowledge that information may be shared with the third-party app during the connection (e.g. information about how you use your Bose product). If you choose to initiate these connections, you agree that the third-party app’s policies and terms, and not Bose’s, govern these connections. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of these third-parties.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of Bose’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, Bose will comply with such restrictions.
- Public Forums. Certain features of our Services make it possible for you to share comments publicly with other users. Any information that you submit through such features is not confidential, and Bose may use it for any purpose (including in testimonials or other marketing materials). For example, if you submit a product review on one of our sites, we may display your review (along with the name provided, if any) on other Bose websites and on third-party websites. Moreover, some of the Services may allow you to share information publicly with other users so that they may benefit from it (e.g. sharing the sound frequency of a music venue). Any information you post openly in these ways will be available to the public at large and potentially accessible through third-party search engines. Accordingly, please take care when using these features.
- Aggregate/Anonymous Information. From time to time, Bose may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
Note for Mexican users: By virtue of this Privacy Notice, you agree to the sharing of your personal data as provided herein, unless you expressly oppose such transfer by contacting us using the Bose contact information below.
Retention of Your Information
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
Third Party Links
The Services are intended for general audiences. We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
California Privacy Rights
California law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined by applicable California law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, Quirkeley does not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.